Sunday, August 15, 2010

Home.

Picture this: The wall is made of Jasper. The great street of the city is of pure gold, like transparent glass. The foundations of the city walls were decorated with every type of precious stone. The twelve gates were twelve pearls, each gate made of a single pearl. There is no temple in the city because the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are its temple. There is no sun or moon to shine on it, for the glory of God gives it light. (Revelation 21 paraphrased)

This scripture brought me to tears. Not because I was sad or scared. Not because I was hoping I wouldn't die before getting married or having children. Not even because I would miss my family and friends.... this scripture brought me to tears like Peter after the crucifixion.

"There is an ancient story passed down through generations of Christians about the apostle Peter during the latter years of his life. It was said that he would often weep whenever a cock would crow. Of course, if we know Bible history, we understand why. But it was also said that Peter would often weep at other times, and no one quite knew the reason. Finally, one day, a young saint worked up enough courage to ask him about it.
"Peter, why do you so often weep?" he inquired cautiously. Peter turned to the young man, and with a look of intense yearning burning in his eyes, he replied softly, "Desiderio Domini."
Translated from Latin into modern-day English, "Desiderio Domini" means "I dearly long to be with my Lord."
Peter had spent his time among men. Now he was ready for heaven, with a longing that grew each and every day to be able to run in the loving arms of his dearest friend and Savior, Jesus Christ." --Taken from 'When God Writes Your Love Story'

I have always thought of the 'last days' before our Beloved returns to filled with turmoil and fear. I have even prayed that I will be gone before that time occurs do to intense anxiety and terror. But after reading this I discovered that those days are a mere countdown for the wedding of all weddings. For the celebration of all celebrations. It should be a time of great anticipation and excitment. Our Knight, our King, our Savior...JESUS CHRIST IS COMING BACK!!

So I will often shed tears at my readiness to be with my Lord. I will keep my eyes fixed upward anticipating the arrival of my Beloved. But I will also live each day out for Him and His purpose so that when I do face Him for the first time I will hear Him proudly say, "Well done my good and faithful servant. With you, Stephanie Marie Daniell, I am well pleased." No other sound will be quite so sweet.

1 comment:

  1. This brought me to tears. I, too often think of the end times,and the fear and the anxiety that it brings, but your blog has put a completely new twist on my point of view. We shouldn't be sad or fearful of them because or Savior IS returning! How amazing it will be to hear that He is well pleased with us! Thank you so much for this blog and how incredibly encouraging that it is. I love you so--and I need to read this book of yours! Share the wealth. :)

    ReplyDelete