Friday, April 2, 2010

Why??

I am a liar. I am a thief. I cheat, I lust and I hate. I put myself before others and tend to chose my way (which is usually the hard way). I am dirty. I am worthless. I fail over and over again. I deserve hell. I deserve eternal pain and suffering. I show unbelievers how NOT to live better than I show them how they should. I discourage. I tear down. I am not the example I am called to be. However, I am loved.

Around this time, two thousand years ago, my God was brutally murdered. He was tortured. He was whipped, stripped and spit upon. He was humiliated and laughed at. He was betrayed and denied by those he was closest to. He was paraded through the streets, mocked and endured death...even death on a cross... for me?!?!?!

Why would He do this you ask? Why would Jesus Christ, the one and only human who was completely sinless go through all of this for the very people who would neglect and forget Him? Because He loves us. It is just that simple. He suffered for our eternal lives. He thought our souls to be so valuable that He took on all of the shame for us. He loved us so incredibly much that He bore our punishment so that we could freely live. He died for everyone.

But it doesn't end there--that was just the beginning. Three days later He arose from the dead. He didn't simply disappear. He isn't lying in a tomb somewhere. His body wasn't stolen and moved somewhere else to look as if He arose. He conquered death. He is ALIVE!! My God is not like other "gods". He is 100% God and 100% man. He could feel pain and hurt. But He can also help and heal.

Thank you Jesus for loving me. Thank you for dying a terrible, painful, humiliating and horrifying death so that I could spend all my days...forever and ever... with YOU! Thank you for giving me the opportunity to know you and have a relationship with you. And lastly, thank you for giving me the chance to be a vessel for you and speak on behave of you and your amazing truth.

"He was pierced for our transgressions, He was crushed for our iniquities the punishment that brought us peace was upon Him, and by His wounds we are healed. We all, like sheep, have gone astray, each of us has turned to his own way; and the LORD has laid Him the iniquity of us all."

--Isaiah 53:5-6


Watch this and remember... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=14tZRDdwggU

No comments:

Post a Comment