Friday, April 25, 2014

Redemption Group Psalm-- "Who You Are."

Brokenness. Hurt. Separation.

These are the consequences of a fallen world.

Lust. Fear. Anger.

These are the lies I see as satisfying or things that make me feel in control.

Shame. Anxiety. Hardened Heart.

These are the results of my sins.



Beloved, I desire, most ardently to follow you wholly.
O God, how my heart burns to be satisfied in you.
I long to be free from insecurities.
I yearn to be out of the bondage of my sins.
"As the deer pants for flowing streams,
so pants my soul for you, O God.
My soul thirsts for God,
for the living God.
When shall I come and
appear before God?" (Psalm 42:1)


You, sweet Jesus, are my hope.
I rest in Your goodness.
I submerge myself in Your love.
So why do I worry?
Why do I fear?
What causes my mind to wander?
What brings about feelings of worthlessness?
These are lies…. and You are truth.
These are meant for my destruction...
And you, Father, are meant for my good.


You are unchangeable.
You don't waver or sway.
You are the cornerstone.
The rock of ages.
The beginning and the end.


El Shaddai--you are the Lord Almighty.
Adonai--You are our Lord and Master.
Jehovah Jireh--You, Lord, will provide.
Jehovah Shalom-- You, Lord, are our peace.


You are my LIFE SUSTAINER. You are my UPLIFTER
You are my PROTECTER, COMFORTER and my REDEEMER.
You are my HEARTACHE HEALER and faithful SHEPHERD.
You are my CREATOR, MAKER and beautiful SAVIOR.
You are the LORD OF LORDS AND KING OF KINGS.
You are the ALPHA AND OMEGA… You reign over everything.
You fill my cup… again and again.
YOU, MIGHTY GOD, ARE THE GREAT I AM!

No comments:

Post a Comment