Sunday, November 6, 2011

Why do I worry? Why am I anxious?

Heavenly Father
You always amaze me
Let your kingdom come
In my world and in my life
You give me the food I need
To live through the day
And forgive me as I forgive
The people that wronged me
Lead me far from temptation
Deliver me from the evil one

I look out the window
The birds are composing
Not a note is out of tune
Or out of place
I look at the meadow
And stare at the flowers
Better dressed than any girl
On her wedding day

So why do I worry?
Why am I anxious?
God knows what I need
You know what I need

Chorus (3x):
Your love is
Your love is
Your love is strong

This is so the cry of my heart right now. I am a worrier. I am anxious. I KNOW that God knows what I need... but I don't think that I fully believe He can fulfill those needs. But I need to look to the Gospel and realize the promises He gives me each day:

Psalm 147: 1-11
"Praise the LORD.

How good it is to sing praises to our God,
how pleasant and fitting to praise him!

The LORD builds up Jerusalem;
he gathers the exiles of Israel.
He heals the brokenhearted
and binds up their wounds.
He determines the number of the stars
and calls them each by name.
Great is our Lord and mighty in power;
his understanding has no limit.
The LORD sustains the humble
but casts the wicked to the ground.

Sing to the LORD with grateful praise;
make music to our God on the harp.

He covers the sky with clouds;
he supplies the earth with rain
and makes grass grow on the hills.
He provides food for the cattle
and for the young ravens when they call.

His pleasure is not in the strength of the horse,
nor his delight in the legs of the warrior;
the LORD delights in those who fear him,
who put their hope in his unfailing love."


He loves us... and His love is STRONG. He is not a weak God. He is powerful and delicate. He is big and intricate. He is to be feared, but also completely sovereign. He is the Alpha and the Omega. The Beginning and the End. He is all-knowing, all-powerful, and everywhere. He is our Beloved. Our Pursuer. Our Daddy. Our Comforter. Our Lover. Our Captivator. Our Creator. Our Encourager. Our Joy. Our Protector. Our Worth. Our Security. Our Refiner. Our Life.

He is good.


No comments:

Post a Comment